Jennefere's Books

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goodreads, finally..........

Goodreads finally granted me an author profile. I'm all smiles right now. I've been extremely busy over the past few days; focusing mainly on writing. I started working on the final chapters of The Divide, and another idea popped into my head. Why don't I start my spin-offs now? That way, as new characters come into the Beautiful Sins series, they'll already be some back story for everyone that finds themselves interested in the new character. Also, I figured the spin-offs might also give more information on my vampires. So, I put The Divide aside to start working on a short 25k-30k spin off on the series. I'm calling it Forbidden Desires. I had purchased a domain name about 4 or 5 months ago and called if forbidden-desires.com. I wasn't sure at all what my plans were going to be with it; so I set it aside, hoping that it would come to me in time.

I'm soooooooo glad I did. It's such a catchy name, and it goes well with the series. I'm halfway completed with the first story and I've decided that I'm going to put my focus completing it and getting it ready for publishing. That way, while you're reading this new short story, I can finish up The Divide, granted that I do not get anymore ideas. My wicked brain seems to be full of them.

Also, I threw myself back into research. Once again I realized that I need to go through all my published works and edit them once again..... It's so hard when you cannot afford an editor. I swear, the first big check I get from these books, I'm seeking out the best affordable editor I can find. I also need to reformat my books yet AGAIN. It seems they are coming out in left formatting, and I need them all to be justified. I want to go through my books once more before I start contacting book bloggers and asking them to review my books. I'm hoping to have Forbidden Desires completed by the end of the day, but it's so hard to focus on my writing these days. My family and friends really don't take my passion seriously. I have to help my mother wash clothes, and my phone is suddenly ringing off the hook now that I've actually found a way to keep myself busy. So, if I can keep the nonsense down, I'll definitely have this book finished by the end of the day. Then I can start the editing process and maybe even design a book cover.

Ah, so much work, and so little time...........

0 comments:

Post a Comment